Friday, November 04, 2005

COURTS GONE MAD


The Washington State Supreme Court has taken assault on the family with its decision to grant a rejected lesbian lover full parental rights creating a new class of parent in Washington State.
If you haven't heard of the case Sue and Page were lovers for 6 years and decided to have a child. Page was artificially inseminated and gave birth to a baby girl. The arrangement worked for several years. A year and half ago they split and Page married the sperm donor. And subsequently barred Sue from seeing the child. Justice Bobbe Bridge who led the court said "Neither the United States Supreme Court nor this court has ever held that 'family' or 'parents' are terms limited in their definition by a strict biological prerequisite" If Judge Bridge had any class she would have stepped down from the bench after her 2003 drunk diving and hit and run arrest
I would not have a problem with this decision if Sue whould have adopted the child after it was born, but she never did.
This could realy open up a can of worms for all those ex-lovers out there.

5 Comments:

At 6:17 AM , Blogger Bstermyster said...

I cannot believe that the term parent is not assumed to be the biological mother and father. How revolting really. Washington is so liberal, and I have yet to figure out why. I just heard they are trying to ban smoking around all buildings 25 feet from the entrance. I am not a smoker but I have a huge problem with Government trying to tell private business owners what they can and cannot do with their business. I am so glad that I do not live their anymore. I used to live in Renton, and I worked for the WA state police in Bellevue.

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

11 06 05

Hello Pappy:
Great post. In CA we recently had some lesbian custody cases get decided and well, I guess in WA there is no surprise here. I can't say that I am against a child being raised in a two parent home, even if the parents are of the same gender. But what bothers me about this the most is the communistic philosophy that feels that the STATE can decide who can parent who and the STATE can decide who can raise their OWN children?!@#$ How utterly insane. But it is a trend around the country. If you look at prop 73 (parental notification for minor abortion in CA) the reasons against it are without substance or merit. They claim that it will be hard for the children etc. Oh yeah it will be hard, especially with no parental involvement because the STATE wants to raise your kids for you. This is simply unacceptable! Sorry for ranting, you got me going! Great post witha tough topic!

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger sandy said...

That judge must be insane or just plain stupid. The woman has no biological connection to the child at all.

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger sandy said...

And unlike mahndisa, I don't agree with same sex partners even being allowed to have a child together.

I would like to know which male partner in a homosexual relation would become artificially insemenated.

There is a reason marraige is considered to be between a man and a woman. At least in most reasonable States.

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

damn government telling us what we can and cannot do...leave us alone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home