Wednesday, October 26, 2005

2000

With the announcement of the death toll reaching 2000 left leaning newspapers will be shouting out with banner headlines. They have waited with almost ghoulish anticipation for this number to arrive. The people I hear today are the same people that denigrated me when I wore a uniform in 1968. The press is the same willing accomplice and the Hollywood crowd hasn't changed. I wonder what would have happened if this boomer generation was put to the task our parents faced? The depression, WWII I dont think the boomer generation would have had the stomach for it.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM , Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

2,000 is quite an arbitrary number. I don't understand why it's a big deal, but 1,937 wasn't.

That said, it is good that freedom of speech is alive and well in America no matter how much you disagree with that speech.

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Amen to that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home