Saturday, October 29, 2005

MONEY TO BURN

What can we spend $3billion on? Hurricane relief? War in Iraq? The homeless? The hungry? Teachers? No we need a subsidy program so low income people can get converter boxes by 2009 when tv goes from analog to all digital broadcast. Is this a no tv left behind program? Maybe its me but can't my money go to more usfull things. Households in America will get 2 voucher for a total of $80.00 for the boxes. The hope is Rich people wont use them. Hello do you no what happens when you give something away. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, said Congress needs to do something to help consumers with the older analog sets. Hey Ted, How about giving up your bridge to no where? Oh well, seeing how I dont have cable or satelite tv and I dont care to watch it, when my voucher comes in the mail I'll give mine to the guy panhandling.

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

is this post serious?

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Walt Lucas said...

I don't remember reading in the Deceleration of Independence that we are endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among which are life, liberty, HDTV, and the pursuit of happiness. Or maybe I was sleeping during that part.

Congress is addicted to spending our money so people will like them and vote for them. It is truly sickening.

Or as James Madison once said-
I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Yes tori sadly so

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home