Monday, August 08, 2005

Mother Of Fallen Soldier

As a vet and friend of a few fallen marines during Viet Nam I had a hard time deciding to comment on this women, that is camping out at the presidents ranch. In no way do I dispute her grief. When she first talked with President Bush at Ft. Lewis on June 24 she had nothing but praise for President Bush. She stated she knows he is a man of faith and was sincere about brining peace to Iraq. So what happened? Why is she now saying how terrible he was at their Ft. Lewis meeting? I guess what happens when you start getting a little face time with the press and see yourself on TV a few times you start to want more and start to believe your more important then your really are. I would like to tell Mom that the President didn't kill her son, the enemy did. Her son was a volunteer he was not drafted. Let her son's death have honor. I don't know if he would have liked her doing this, but I know he would sacrifice his life to defend her right to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home