Wednesday, June 15, 2005

GRADUATION

The disappearance of Natalee Holloway and the news that my nephew was going on a cruise after graduating high school started me thinking of my own sons graduation and my own as well.
When my sons graduated high school they where given cards with a few bucks in them from there aunts and uncles and taken out for dinner, then the next day they either started preparation for college or work. When I graduated I didn't receive any gifts, graduating high school was expected. If I didn't my dad would have given me a kick in the pants. My reward for graduating high school was to work for the A&P as a cashier full time before going into the military a year later.
Maybe I'm old fasion but I feel we need to remember at 17 you are really just a kid starting out. And maybe the best place to start out after graduation is at home with the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home